Workbench and Team Dashboards - Setting up an Onboarding and Offboarding Packs
The Onboarding/Offboarding Packs define the process for Onboarding or Offboarding Employees.
- 1 Workbench - Setting up Onboarding and Offboarding Packs
- 2 Team Dashboards - Setting up Onboarding and Offboarding Packs
Workbench - Setting up Onboarding and Offboarding Packs
Workbench - General Details
The General Details area determines the settings used for the Pack that will be sent to the Employee.
Setting or editing the General Details
- After logging into the Subscribe-HR portal, select the Maintenance Module from the main menu.
- Select the On/Offboarding Packs menu option.
- Select the desired pack, or create a new one by pressing the Add New Record button.
- Fill in the fields as defined below.
- Select the Save button.
Mandatory fields are marked with a red asterisk, the record will not be saved unless mandatory fields are filled in first.
Workbench - General Details fields explained
|Name||A name for the Pack.|
|Type||Determines whether this Pack is for Onboarding or Offboarding.|
|Require to Accept Letter of Offer||If selected, the Employee must accept the Letter of Offer before they can access the rest of the Pack.|
|Letter of Offer Template||If a Letter of Offer is to be sent to the Employee, this selects which template is sent when using this Pack.|
Workbench - On/Offboarding Pack Steps
The On/Offboarding Pack Steps determine what documents, canvases and policies need to be actioned, and the order in which they are stepped through by the Employee within the On/Offboarding Pack.
Workbench - Adding Steps
To add a step to the Workflow:
- After entering the desired Workflow name, select the Add Step Button.
- Fill in a heading for the step.
- Select a type for the step. Note: There can only be 1 contract step.
- Depending on the type chosen, you will need to:
- Contract: Select the Contract Template to be used for this step. These can be set up Here.
- Canvas: Select the SHaRe Canvas to be used for this step. These can be set up Here.
- Company Policies: Select the Company Policies to be used for this step. Multiple Policies can be selected. These can be set up Here.
- Information: Use the Text Editor to create the content for this type.
- 5. Press the Save button.
Workbench - Editing Steps
Steps can be edited after creation. To edit a step, press on the pencil icon on the top right corner of the step.
To remove a step, press the "x" icon at the top right of the step.
To re-organise steps, click and drag the step you wish to move to its new position. Steps will be progressed through in order from top to bottom.
NOTE:: User Profiles/Accounts are active for as long as the User remains an Employee or has active User Group/s permissions assigned. When an Employee leaves your organisation and you 'Offboard' them, their User Profile/Account is deactivated when the following two parameters are met:
- The Employee is marked as a 'Leaver' in the System, and.
- The 'Last Day of Work' date entered into the System passes.
Team Dashboards - Setting up Onboarding and Offboarding Packs
Team Dashboards – Create New On/Cross/Offboarding Process
To create a “New” On, Cross or Offboarding process follow this path via the main menu on the left-hand side menu of the Subscribe-HR system:
- On/Offboarding Packs.
Click the green “Create New” button at the top of the screen.
Team Dashboards – General Details
You will then be asked to specify the following information to create a new process/pack.
1. Name – give the New On/Cross/Offboarding process/pack a name.
2. Type – specify the type of process/pack you want to create. There are three options:
- Onboarding – for Onboarding New Employee/s.
- Offboarding – for Offboarding Leavers.
- Crossboarding – for Crossboarding existing Employee/s to a new Job.
Team Dashboards – On/Cross/Offboarding Process Steps
To add steps to your process, click the green “Add Step” button under the heading “Workflow Steps.”
Note: When creating an Onboarding Pack, Users can add a custom logo into each Onboarding Pack. This logo will be included in the ‘Onboarding Welcome Pack,’ or any other Onboarding Packs that get sent to New Employees. If there is no custom logo added at this step, it defaults to the Company logo created as part of your Free Trial account or your System setup.
1. Step Heading – give the step an appropriate name.
2. Type – specify the type of information you want to include in the Pack at this step. The options are:
- Letter of Offer – includes a Letter of Offer in the Pack.
- Contract – includes a Contract in the Pack.
- Canvas – includes (a) Survey/s in the Pack.
- Information – includes information you specifically want to add to the Pack.
- Company Policies – Sends Company Policies to the Employee based on the Policies that are Linked to their Job, Department, Location. See Company Policies Folder in Core-HR or the Activation Hub - On/Cross/Offboarding section. Also Team Dashboards / Company Policy Widget. Non Team Dashboards Users can link Policies Directly to Company Policy Onboarding / Crossboarding Steps.
Depending on which of the options you select a new field will appear below the field “Type.”
- If you select “Letter of Offer” you will be required to specify which Letter of Offer to include in this Pack.
- If you select “Contract” you will be required to specify which Contract to include in this Pack.
- If you select “Canvas” you will be required to specify which Survey to include in this Pack.
- If you select “Information” you will be required to specify which Information to include in this Pack. You will be able to input Information into the wysiwig editor. You can then use the formatting options available to format your Information.
- If you select “Company Policies” the Company Policies can be sent in 2 ways. Either based on Jobs, Departments, Locations or by attaching then directly to the step in the Onboarding / Crossboarding Pack. To be able to use the No Policy Send Policy function in the Company Policy Widget, you will need to use the Job, Department, Location option. Please See Company Policy Folder (Team Dashboards) for setting up Company Polices and linking them to Jobs, Locations, Departments. See also Company Policy Wizard. Non Team Dashboards users can only link Company Policies directly the Company Policy Step in the On/Crossboarding Pack.
Repeat this process until you have created all the steps you want to include in your Pack. When you have added all the steps, you can reorder them by clicking on each individual step and dragging it up or down with your mouse/cursor.
When you are satisfied with the content and the order of your Pack. Click “Save.”