Risks in the Workplace
The Risks register is an excellent tool for recording important information regarding the safety of the workplace.
Preliminary Setup for Risks
Before adding any risks you may want to check Risk Priority, Classification, and Results
codes from the Code Library.
- Login to the Subscribe-HR HCM Platform.
- Select the Maintenance option on the left hand side navigation.
- Select the Code Library folder from the More Tab.
- Search for Risk Priority.
- Select Risk Priority.
- Select the Codes folder from the left hand menu.
- Select [Add New Record] button.
- Enter the Code name, this is the Priority name. (There is no need to fill in the Code field as this is autogenerated)
- Select the Save button.
- Repeat this for Classification and Results.
|Field Name||Description||Code Library Name|
|Risk Priority||The priority to attend to this risk||Risk Priority|
|Classification||The risk classification||Risk Assessment Classification|
|Results||Results / Outcome||Risk Assessment Results|
Adding a risk to the register
- After logging into the Subscribe-HR HCM Platform, navigate to the ‘HUMAN RESOURCES’ option on the left hand side.
- Select the Risks folder from the More tab.
- You will see a list of Risks, if this list is empty then no Risks have been entered at this point in time.
- Select the [Add New Record] button.
- Select the Assessment Date by selecting inside the Assessment Date field.
- Enter the name of the reviewer in the Reviewed By field.
- Enter the hazard type into the Hazard Type field.
- Select a risk priority from the Risk Priority drop down.
- Select the location of the risk from the Location drop down.
- Select the work group effected from the Work Group Effected drop down.
- Select the classification from the Classification drop down.
- Select the results of risk from the Results drop down.
- Enter Review Notes.
- Enter Analysis Notes.
- Enter the Controls / Plan for Prevention. This is a formatted text area.
- Enter the Monitoring Outcomes. This is a formatted text area.
- Enter Improvement Areas.
- Select the Further Review Date by selecting inside the box.
- Select the Cleared date by selecting inside the box.
- Select the Save button.
Fields marked in bold are mandatory and must be filled in before the Risk can be saved.
Formatted Text Areas and using a MS Word Document
The Subscribe-HR Software comes with some great tools for formatting the text, these can be seen above the text area.
If however you have your Recruitment Advertisement designed in Microsoft Word you can simply copy and paste from Microsoft Word into the Description text field.
Sometimes there are formatting issues and not everything looks the same. In this instance click on the MS Word icon in the tool bar above the text box.
This will provide you with a window to paste your Microsoft Word text into
1. Copy MS Word Text.
2. Paste MS Word Text into Window.
3. Select the 'Insert' button.
Risk Fields Explained
|Assessment Date||The date the risk was discovered|
|Reviewed By||The person reviewing the risk|
|Hazard Type||Description of the hazard type|
|Risk Priority||The priority to attend to this risk|
|Location||The location of the risk|
|Work Group Effected||The area of the business affected by this reported risk|
|Classification||The rating of the risk|
|Results||The current stage or outcome of the risk assessment|
|Review Notes||Any notes that the reviewer may have on the risk|
|Analysis Notes||Any notes that the reviewer may have on how and why the risk occured|
|Controls / Plan for Prevention||Notes on how this
risk could be prevented in the future and what action will betaken to prevent this in the future.
|Monitoring Outcomes||Notes on the outcome of the risk after implementing prevention plans|
|Improvement Areas||Areas and policies that may need to improve|
|Further Review Date||Date of next review|
|Cleared||Date that this risk is signed off as safe|