Quick Task Wizard
Quick Task Wizard
The Quick Task Wizard enables Users to create and assign Tasks either to themselves or to other (based on User Group permissions).
There are multiple navigation options available to you throughout the Quick Task Wizard. These navigation options are outlined below.
- START - the "START" button at the top right-hand side of the Dashboard [The top right of your screen] is how you launch all Wizards. Click "Start" and this will launch a Wizard popup window containing a navigation menu. This is where all your Wizard interaction options exist. The Wizards available to you in this menu are based on your Permissions.
- View - to View a particular Wizard click on the downward pointing arrow on the right-hand side of the menu. Scroll down, choose the Wizard you want to View, then click 'Select.'
- Select - select enables you to choose (and move into) your chosen Wizard (from the main Wizard dropdown menu).
- Create New - allows you to create a New Record within a particular Wizard (where relevant).
- Create - allows you to 'save' a New Record you've created.
- Edit - allows you to Edit a Record.
- Save - allows you to Save a Record.
- Delete - allows you to Delete a Record.
- Previous - allows you to go back one step.
- Clear - allows you to clear content from the form fields in a Wizard. Note: clicking clear will remove the content from ALL the fields in that Wizard.
- Submit - allows you to Submit the data or Record/s you've added into a Wizard.
- Close - allows you to Close the Wizard you've been working in. Note: Closing a Wizard before completing it will result in a loss of the data you've input into data fields. You will be shown a popup window with a warning asking you to confirm your action before the data is lost.
- Search - a Search window will appear in the top right corner of the Wizard popup if relevant (E.G. Where there is a list of Folders within a Wizard). Search enables you to search for a specific Folder within a Wizard.
- Next - to navigate through items in a drop-down menu, click on the downward pointing arrow on the right-hand side of the menu. Scroll down, choose the item you want, then click 'Next' to progress to the next window.
- Breadcrumbs - on the bottom left of the Wizard popup window, you will see a 'Breadcrumb' (for example 'Start > My Info'). This Breadcumb enables you to go back to previous steps in the process by clicking on your preferred choice. Breadcrumbs give you more flexibility about which stage of the Wizard you want to 'go back' to (E.G. it is more flexible than just choosing 'Previous' which limits you to going back only one step in the process).
NOTE: There is a 6MB file limit on all files that are uploaded into Subscribe-HR's Team Dashboards System. Please ensure that large files are compressed/reduced and that the file size is less than 6MB (the smaller the file size, the better).
How to Trigger the Quick Task Wizard
You can trigger the Quick Task Wizard from the Wizard popup menu:
1. Select "START" at the top right-hand side of the Dashboard [The top right of your screen].
2. Scroll down and click on the "Quick Task" option from the menu, then click "Select."
Create and Submit Quick Task Wizard
After creating a Quick Task, you will be asked to complete the following:
1. Task Name – Give the task a name.
2. Assign To – click on the dropdown menu and assign the Task to someone. You can assign it to yourself, or anyone else that appears in the dropdown menu. Alternatively, if the User/Employee you want to assign the task to isn’t available in the dropdown menu, you can create a new User to send the Task to by clicking on “+Create User.”
When you click “Create User” you will be asked to specify:
- The User’s email address.
- The User’s name.
- The User’s User Group (which relates to the permissions they’ve been assigned in the System).
3. Filters – what type of Task you’re from the dropdown menu (which will open if you click in the empty ‘Filter’ field). The options are:
- Note to Self.
4. Due Date – specify the due date and time for completion of the Task.
5. Documents – attach any documentation that is relevant to the Task. Click “Next.”
6. Summary – the final screen for the New Task is a summary of all your choices throughout the Wizard. Check and confirm that all the correct information has been captured. If you need to make changes, use “Previous” (bottom right of Wizard) to trace your steps back through the Wizard, and then use “Next” (bottom right of Wizard) to return to the final summary page once all changes have been made. When you’re ready to create and send your “Quick Task” click “Submit.”
7. Success – if your Quick Task has been submitted correctly, you will see a success message. If not, you will see an error message. If you see an error message, please retrace your steps back through the Wizard and correct any issues. Otherwise, please contact support.