Defining Profile Settings
Defining Profile Settings for your Profile
My Profile allows a user to be able to customise parts of the system to suit the user. The best part is that it only effects this user and not everyone else.
Localisation of Date, Time and Currency for a profile become handy when a user may access the system from a different Time Zone. This allows the date and time of the recording of any transactional data to be correct for the current location.
To customise the profile of a user, you will need to login to the Subscribe-HR System as the user you are modifying the settings for.
It is highly recommended that you change your password on a regular basis. To ensure maximum security your new password must be at least 8 characters long, contain at least 1 lower case character, at least 1 upper case character, at least one number and at least one special character. Example: appleTree72!
Passwords are case sensitive meaning that if you update your password to be AppleTree72! this means that your password must be written the same way when logging in. If you try and login using appletree72! this will not work.
- After logging into Subscribe-HR, select Your Name from the top of the screen. This will take you to Your Profile.
- Enter into the Old Password field your current password that you used to login to the system.
- Enter your new password into New Password field.
- Re-enter your password into Confirm New Password field.
- Select the [Update Password] button.
Password strengths have ratings of Weak, Good and Strong. This will appear to the right of the password you are entering. Passwords are not rated by the amount of characters, but the combination of characters and numeric values.
My Profile Details
- After logging into Subscribe-HR, select Your Name from the top of the screen. This will take you to Your Profile. You can also click on your "Photo" located on the "Top Left" of the screen to access your "Profile" Details.
- Select the "Upload Photo" button to upload your photo.
- Select the Time Zone that the user most commonly uses the Subscribe-HR system from.
- Select the local Currency.
- Select the Default Date Format.
This can be dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy.
- Select the Default Time Format.
- Select the Thousand Separator.
This is the character used to separate between numbers when reaching over a thousand. Example: 1,000 or 10,000 or 100,000
- Select the Decimal Separator.
This is the character used to separate between numbers when written in decimal format. Example:12.5 or 2.5 or 100.89
Change E-mail Addresses
Users will now be able to update their own email addresses directly through Profile page. Before the change will take affect, users will need to confirm it by clicking on the link in the email that is sent to their new email address.
To change your E-mail Address:
- Login to Subscribe-HR and while on any page within the system, click the drop-down with your name and profile picture on the very top right hand side of the system.
- Click Profile
- Scroll down until you see the heading, Change Email.
- Enter your new email into the text box
- Click Update Email
- A confirmation email will be sent to your new email address. Please click on the link in the email to complete the update.
- Once completed, you will no longer be able to log into Subscribe-HR using your old email.
MFA - Multi Factor Authentication Via Authenticator or SMS
Multifactor authentication (MFA) is a security system that requires more than one method of authentication from independent categories of credentials to verify the user's identity for a login or other transaction. It is advisable that users activate MFA for their account. This provides a high level of user access security. As default, MFA is not turned on for users. NOTE: If you have lost your device and need to deactivate MFA, please contact us through your HR Department.
To enable Multi factor authentication: You can select SMS or Authenticator for MFA purposes. Do this by selecting the preferred method from the Device Drop-down. SMS needs to be Activate by SA User (From the Activation Hub) for the SMS option to be made available here. Once this is done you can use SMS to receive a 6 digit SMS code for Authentication purposes. If you choose SMS for your Authentication, upon login, you will automatically receive the SMS code, to then complete the Login. You can resend this code by clicking the relevant button. The SMS Code will stay active for 24 minutes or until the browser is closed or code is resent.
- Login to Subscribe-HR and while on any page within the system, click the drop-down with your name and profile picture on the very top right hand side of the system. If you choose Authenticator for MFA, please follow the below instructions.
- Click Profile.
- Scroll down until you see the heading, Multi-factor Authentication (MFA).
- Press Activate
- Select Virtual MFA Application as the Device. Or Select SMS.
- Ensure you have a Subscribe-HR MFA-compatible application on your smartphone, PC, or other device.
- Compatible applications include, Google Authenticator (iPhone, Android), Authy 2-Factor Authentication (iPhone, Android) and Authenticator (Windows).
- Scan the QR code in the application, it will then provide you with a unique code.
- Enter the unique code in Authentication Code.
- Click Activate MFA.
- Once MFA is active, the unique code generated by the aforementioned applications will need to be entered before login is granted.
- If you wish to deactivate MFA click Deactivate MFA