Job Descriptions Explained
When applying a job description, you are writing a job description for each job.
You can paste from a word document, or from the Job Descriptions repository found in Subscribe-HR.
Applying a Job Description
- After logging into the Subscribe-HR HCM Platform, select "HUMAN RESOURCES" on the left hand side from the navigation area.
- Select the Jobs Folder.
- Select the Job you wish to apply a Job Description too.
- Select the Job Description SubFolder from the left side menu.
- Select the [Add new record] button.
- Select the Current check box, if this is the most current Job Description.
- Select the From Date by selecting inside the From Date field.
Dates must not overlap any other existing Job Description record.
- Select the To Date by selecting inside the To Date field.
- Select the Approved check box, if this Job Description has been approved.
- Select the Approved Date by selecting inside the Approved Date field.
- Enter who this Job Description was approved by in the Approved By field.
- Select the Review Date by selecting inside the Review Date field.
This is the date the Job Description should next be reviewed and possibly updated.
- Enter the Job Description Notes.
You can type your Job Description and format it using the Tools above the Notes box, however if you have this as a Microsoft Word Document then please see the The Description field and using a Word Document section below.
- Enter the Description Name which will be the name you refer to this by.
- When Modifying, an Attachments field is also available.
- Select the [Save] button.
Mandatory fields are marked with Red Asterisk, the record will not be saved unless mandatory fields are filled in first.
The Description field and using a Word Document
The Subscribe-HR Software comes with some great tools for formatting the text.
If however you have your Recruitment Advertisement designed in Microsoft Word you can simply copy and paste from Microsoft Word into the Description text field.
Sometimes there are formatting issues and not everything looks the same. In this instance click on the MS Word icon in the tool bar above the text box.
This will provide you with a window to paste your Microsoft Word text into:
- Copy MS Word Text.
- Paste MS Word Text into Window.
- Select the [Insert] button.