From Subscribe-HR Wiki Help
The Subscribe-HR Software system is Object Orientated and this is the same for Reports.
The ability to add particular fields into a report solely relies on that field being part of the object.
- After logging into Subscribe-HR, Select Tools > Reports > ‘My Reports’ SubTab & Select the Add new record button. Or click on New Report on the Quick Link Bar.
- Select the Public check box.
By selecting the Public check box you are making all information in this report available to all users, regardless of Self Service permission settings.
By removing the check from the Public check box you are making this report private and only available to users with permissions.
- Select the Report Type from the look-up, such as ‘Human Resources’, ‘Recruitment’, etc.
- Enter the Report Name. Ensure the report name is descriptive.
- Select the Object this Report is to be based upon.
- If you want to retrieve data from more than one Object (Table), tick the Join Tables (Advanced).
- Select the Display Empty Records if required. This displays all entries in an object and sub-object relationship, so that all entries in the object can be viewed even if they do not have an entry in the sub-object.
- If you do not want headers for columns in your exported reports, select Remove Column Headers(Export Only).
- Enter a report Description if required.
- Enable the Report Scheduler if required.
If Report Scheduler is selected, then you will get the following options:
- Select the Format you want the report delivered in.
- Select the Frequency you would like to send report.
- Select the Recipients by selecting the user.
- Save Report before Joining Tables or setting up fields.
- After ticking Join Tables (Advanced) & then saving the Report, this will then activate the Join Tables SubTab.
- On the Join Tables SubTab, enter Table (Object) name (or part of) you wish to include in the Join.
- Click on table, then drag line to next table to join them.
- Then you will be prompted to select required From Field & To Field to join, then the Join Type:
LEFT JOIN shows all records from left table regardless of the existence of matching records in the right table.
RIGHT JOIN means opposite of LEFT JOIN. It shows all records from the second (right) table and only matching records from first (left) table.
INNER JOIN shows all records where there is at least one match in either table.
- Click OK & repeat process for other Tables to include.
- To remove a Link between Object, simply click on the dot where the link connects to the Object & drag & drop it away from the Object.
- Save changes, before moving onto the Fields SubTab.
- Select the Fields SubTab.
- To find the required Field (Element), start typing in the Fields section. This will show in a dropdown of all available Fields matching the search criteria. You can reorder the Fields selected by Drag & Drop.
- Optionally select the field(s) to Group the Report by.
- Save changes.
Totals & Aggregate Functions
- Click on the Pencil Icon on the right of the Field. Select from the dropdowns, the Basic Function (Average, Count, Max, Min or Sum).
- The Calculate Total field is populated with a check box when a numeric field is added. If the check box is selected this will provide a total of all numeric values at the bottom of the report, if the report is grouped by a field, then the total is placed at the bottom of each grouping.
- Save changes.
- Click on the Pencil Icon on the right of the Field. The Date Formatting field is populated with a drop down when a date field is added.
If formatting is selected such as Month Name this will only display the Month name in the report and not the dd/mm/yyyy.
- Save changes.
- Click on the Pencil Icon on the right of the Field. The Sorting Order field is populated with a drop down for all fields.
Selecting the sort order of either Ascending or Descending for a field will cause the report to output the data in either an Ascending or Descending order highest to lowest.
- Save changes.
Conditions are used to filter your report based on a criteria.
- Down the bottom of the Fields SubTab there is the Condition section.
- Select the field you wish to filter by.
- Select the filter type. The filter type varies depending on what field you are filtering on.
The most common are Equals To, Not Equals To, Is Last, This Last, Is Next.
- Select or Enter the value you are filtering on.
- For more than one Condition an AND or a OR operator can be selected.
- You can select multiple results for some fields by clicking on Options (if available) as shown below.
- To group Condition clauses together, brackets can be used. This is done by clicking on the "Greater Than" icon to the right of the Ffeld in the condition clause. Clicking on the "Less Than" icon will remove a Bracket.
The below Condition clause can be written as:
:IF (Leaver = No OR Last Day of Work is Last Week) AND Department=”???list of Department???”
- Save changes.
The View Report TAB allows us to generate and view the report. We can export to PDF or Excel file formats.
Only reports that are 'Grouped by can generate a Graph, otherwise a plain table of results will be generated.
- Select the View Report SubTab.
The Graph type option will not be shown if a report has not been Grouped by. Selecting a Graph type will change the graph drawn on the report.
Graph Record Count
Selecting the Graph Record Count will show the number of records being reported on.
Selecting an Export Option and then selecting the Export link will cause the report to be exported into the chosen format (Excel, PDF, etc).
Do Not Export Graph
Selecting this checkbox will cause the graph to be excluded when exporting the report to the chosen format.
Reports can be scheduled to be sent to user roles or for specific users. These will be sent in an exported format via email to users.
If sent to a user, the exported file will only show information that the user has permissions to see within the Subscribe-HR system.
To set up report scheduling:
- After logging into Subscribe-HR, select Reports from the Tools menu.
- Select Standard or MyReports.
- Select the desired report.
- Tick the Enable Scheduler checkbox.
- Choose the Format that the report will be output in. This can be in excel, or as a .csv.
- Select the Frequency of the Report emails. Daily, Weekly, Fortnightly or Monthly.
- Choose the Recipients of the report. If selecting Specific Users, you will need to select those user from the multiselect. If selecting FTP, you will need to select which FTP from those that have been setup in the Maintenance module, here
- Select the Save button