Setting up Team Dashboards
From Subscribe-HR Wiki Help
Team Dashboards is in the Release Planning Process. The release will Start in July of 2020. Team Dashboard Widgets will include: Tasks and Notifications: Send to Self. Manager. HR. Team Member. Performance Management: Goals, Catch-ups, PDP, Tracking of Reviews. Company Policies. General Details. Dashboard views will be able to be set-up for Employee: Manager: People and Culture: HR Metrics Reporting and Recruiters. Dashboard Widgets will be able to be easily created from our new Dashboard Widget Tool. This will allow you to easily and cost effectively create your own Widgets and Dashboards. Please stay tuned: New Release information will be sent out over the coming months. This part of the Wiki will be updated as the Development/ Build Phase is completed.
Team Dashboard Widget Standard Types
The Types Dashboard Widgets that are available in Subscribe-HR:
- Information Summary - Top Row of 4 Small Widgets which contain summary information. You can choose what summary information is displayed.
- Tasks and Notifications - Automated Task Management and Self-Assigned tasks, HR Assigned Tasks and Manager Assigned Tasks.
- Leave Widget - Contains all Leave Related information
- Personal Details Widget - Contains Personal Information, Team Information for Employees, Manager and People and Culture.
- Performance Management Widget - Allows Employees, Manager and People and Culture to manage Reviews, Catch-ups, PDP's and Goals.
- Recruitment Widget - For Recruiters who need to manage the Recruitment Process.
- HR Metric Reporting Widget - Contains HR Metrics Information based on best Practice HR KPI's
- Subscribe-HR System Admin Stats Widget -
- Please note that you can create any type of widget that is needed. This can be done using the Widget Building which is located in the Developer Solution. You can set-up Widget permissions in Groups / Permissions.
There is a restriction of 10 Widgets Per Dashboard. Dashboard Tabs can be created by you are required. Standard Dashboard Widgets are for: Employees, Managers, People and Culture, Recruiters, HR Metrics Reporting and System Admins Stats.
Widget - Tasks and Notifications
The Tasks and Notifications Widget allow users who have access to "Team Dashboards" to receive, send and interact with "Quick Tasks" and automatically triggered workflows. These Task and Notification items are also delivered into the "Inbox". "Quick Tasks" can be sent from, the "Start" option, or from the "Tasks and Notifications" Widget itself.
This is a list of Standard "Tasks and Notifications" functionality.
- Search - Text Search e.g. Search on Task Name - Birthdate or Persons Name.
- Quick Task- This allows the user to send a Task or Notification to: another user or themselves. The recipient list will indicate who their Manager is and HR users.
- Today - Shows the user Tasks and Notification for "Today". The numbers will indicate how many items are relevant.
- Upcoming - Shows the user what Tasks and Notifications are "Upcoming". The numbers will indicate how many items are relevant.
- Overdue - Shows the user what Tasks and Notifications are "Overdue". The numbers will indicate how many items are relevant.
- Completed - Shows the user what Tasks and Notifications are "Completed". The numbers will indicate how many items are relevant.
- My sent Tasks - Shows the user what Tasks and Notifications have been sent by them. The numbers will indicate how many items are relevant.
- Filter - Allows the user to "Filter" their items by Tag or Filter: E.g. HR, Recruitment, Delegated etc.
- Date Range - Search Tasks and Notifications by Date Range.
Line Item / Tasks in Widget - Tasks and Notifications
|Task Name||Name of Task. E.g. Birthdate Reminder|
|Assigned To||User that the Task or Notification is assigned to. You can re-assign who the task is assigned to. This will send them the Task or Notification by clicking on the User Name / Icon|
|Due Date||The Date the Reminder is Due|
|Actions||Text that show what needs to be done|
Defining Workflows for Objects
We first of all need to select the Object we wish to create the workflow for. Our choice of the object will be based on the information we are collecting.
Creating a Workflow for an Object
- After logging into the Subscribe-HR portal, select the Development TAB
- Select the Objects Folder.
- Select the Object that you wish to define a workflow for.
- Select the Workflow Tasks SubFolder from the left side menu.
- Select the [Add new record] button.
- Decide whether the Workflow is Active or not
If this is set to Yes then the Workflow is active in the system, and when triggered the workflow will carry out its task.
- Enter the Name of the workflow you are creating.
- Select the Workflow Type as defined below.
- Select the Workflow mode as defined below.
- Select the Create Task Yes or No, as defined below.
- Select the Task Type as defined below.
- Select the Enable External Approvals Yes or No, as defined below.
- Select the Anniversary Date as defined below.
- Enter the Description for the Workflow.
- Select the [Save] button.
Mandatory fields are marked with Red Asterisk, the record will not be saved unless mandatory fields are filled in first.
Yes or No to whether the Workflow is turned on (Active) or not.
Enter the Name by which the Workflow will be referenced.
Workflow types define when an action should be triggered. The Workflow types are:
- Create New Records - Workflow is triggered when a new record is created
- Update Existing Records - Workflow is triggered when an existing record has been updated
- Create New or Update Existing Records - Workflow is triggered when a new record or an existing record has been updated
- Time Based - Workflow is triggered when a time condition has been met.
- Triggered by another Task - Workflow is triggered by another Task.
Example: An Example of a Time Based Workflow Type: Employee Birthdate
We could setup an Employee Birthdate workflow with the conditions of where the Employee birthday is less than 3 days. When the condition of 3 days before the Employee Birthday is met an action is triggered.
Example: An Example of a Create New or Update Existing Records Workflow Type: Employee Address Update Notification.
When an employees address details are updated or a new record inserted, a notification can be automated.
Select the Mode for the Workflow:
- Standard - This should be used for most Workflows created where the conditions inside the workflow are adequate.
It will use the Standard Condition outlined in Condition TAB.
- Custom Condition - This is available as some areas of the system have pre-programmed custom conditions that cannot be otherwise defined by the Standard Workflow Mode, if selecting the custom condition you loose the ability to define your own conditions.
This option is only visible when modifying a Workflow, not when Adding a Workflow.
It is also only available if Workflow Mode is set to Standard:
- Once - Once Triggered the first time, this Workflow will not trigger it again.
- Always - This will Trigger every time the Conditions are met.
Yes or No to create the Task Type selected below.
Task Types define what the workflow type is when it is triggered. The Task types are:
- Reminder - Send the recipient a reminder that a certain task or action is required within the system.
- Request - Send the recipient a request to be completed before the workflow can continue. Workflow Forms can be attached to requests.
- Checklist - Send the recipient a checklist of action and tasks that they are required to complete.
Yes or No to Enables the recipient of the workflow to make an action on the workflow without having to log into the Subscribe-HR portal.
The Anniversary Date option in the "General" Tab allows you to set reminders based on a Anniversary Date.
Example: Birthday, Start Date. Based on setting this, Subscribe-HR will send a notification every 12 Months from this original date.
- Select the Conditions SubTAB.
- From the first drop down select the field that you want to trigger the workflow on.
- Select the condition that applies to the selected field.
If the selected field is a date field then the operator would be Is Less Than or Was More Than, If the selected field is a Yes / No field then the operator would be Equals To.
- Select the value from the drop down, The value changes depending on the field chosen, If the field chosen is a date field the value would contain date / time periods such as 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week. If the field chosen is a Yes / No field then the value is more likely to be Yes or No.
- Additional conditions can be added by selecting the Add condition link.
- Select the [Save] button.
Workflow Conditions Explained
A Workflow needs to know when to start (when to be triggered) and that's what the conditions are for. Every condition that is added uses an AND statement meaning each condition must be met or the workflow is not triggered.
A considerable amount of flexibility exists in the Subscribe-HR system. You may notice the available fields in the conditions are not all from the same object. In fact the Subscribe-HR system allows you to select fields from the parent object as well as the child object.
Example: Say you were creating a Workflow for Employee Property. The parent object is Employee and the child is Employee Property this means you have access to all fields in the Employee Object and the Employee Property Object. A further example could be Jobs and Job Benefits.
To add a condition select a field from the drop down. You may notice that the drop down contains the field name and in brackets (the object name).
Example: Date Allocated(Property) simply means that we are reading the Date Allocated field from the Employee Property Object.
- Select the Reminder SubTAB.
- In the Due Date Field drop down select the date field that will define due date for the task or reminder. NOTE: Setting this field will generate a calendar reminder. The reminder will be attached to the e-mail that gets sent out by S-HR. The user can click on the file (called an ICS file). Doing so will create a calendar entry for the reminder.
Example: If we select Start date (Employee) then a reminder is sent on the Employee's Start Date. Training Reminder: When a training booking is done. Notification can be sent to the attendee (person who the training record is for). They can book this training event into their calendar by clicking on the ICS file attached to the e-mail
Main Recipients (Managers and Approving)
- Send to Employee Manager - select Yes or No in the Look-up
If this is Yes then the Employee's Manager will receive the Main Template.
- Send to Location Manager - select Yes or No in the Look-up
If this is Yes then the Location Manager will receive the Main Template. (Location managers are defined under the Maintenance Tab, Locations Folder)
- Send To Managers Manager - select Yes or No in the Look-up
If this is Yes then the Employee's Manager's Manager will receive the Main Template.
- Field On The Form - This allows you to delegate an email address that is entered into a field on the Object form.
Example: If the Object we are working with is the Employee Object then all email address fields found in the Employee object will be listed in the Field On The Form drop down. The email address that is saved on the delegated field is the email address that the Field On The Form Template will be sent to.
- Send to Users - select the users you wish to receive the reminder. The list of users are users of the Subscribe-HR System, any selected user will receive the Main Template.
- Main Template - select the template that you wish for Employee Manager, Location Manager, Manager's Manager, Users and Other Email Addresses to receive.
Other Recipients (Requesting Entities)
- Send to Employee - select Yes or No in the drop down
If this is Yes then the Employee Template will be sent to the employee. If No then nothing is sent to the employee.
- Field On The Form - This allows you to delegate an email address that is entered into a field on the Object form. The email address on the form will be sent the selected Template from the Other Recipients (Requesting Entities) Template drop down.
- Send to Record Creator - This will allow the person who created a record from this form to be sent the selected Template from the Other Recipients (Requesting Entities) section.
- Template - The selected template will be sent to anyone who is delegated in the Other Recipients (Requesting Entities) section.
Note: It is important to know that when creating a Request Task Type Workflow that the Other Recipients (Requesting Entities) section is used for the employee making the request and the Main Recipients (Managers and Approver) section is used for the managers dealing with the request.
Example: If we are setting up a Leave Request workflow, we use the Main Recipients Managers and Approver) section to delegate which managers receive the request to approve or deny, and what template they would receive.
We would then use the Other Recipients (Requesting Entities) section to delegate if we wish to send a template to the Employee, and which template to send them.
- Select the Updates SubTAB.
- From the first drop down select the field you wish to update as a result of this workflow being triggered.
- Select the Operator:
The operator changes depending on the field chosen, If the field chosen Is a Yes / No field then the operator would be Equals To, If the field chosen is date field the Operator is more likely to contain Plus or Minus.
- Select the Value
The value changes depending on the field chosen, If the field chosen is a date field the value would contain date / time periods such as 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week. If the field chosen is a Yes / No field then the value is more likely to be Yes or No.
- To update additional fields select the Add update link and select the field from the next drop down.
- Select the [Save] button.
Workflow Updates Explained
Updates simply refer to a nominated field being updated as a result of a defined value.
After a workflow is triggered the update can be performed additional to the reminder.
A considerable amount of flexibility exists in the Subscribe-HR system. You may notice the available fields in the Updates are not all from the same object. In fact the Subscribe-HR system allows you to select fields from the parent object as well as the child object.
This is not mandatory or is it necessary to have fields automatically updated as a result of a workflow being executed.
Employee records marked as recipients can set up the Delegation field to forward to emails if they will not be able to address the email themselves. This can be found here.