Tools and Widgets
From Subscribe-HR Wiki Help
Tools and Widgets Explained
Subscribe-HR development platform allows users and third party developers to create extensions (Apps). Apps can include a number of simple components e.g. Objects, Fields, Actions etc. In addition Apps can have complex components with rich dynamic content. The following component types can be created through the platform:
- Widget - dashboard widget that is rendered as one of the tiles on the dashboard.
- Wizard - a start wizard that contains a number of steps to take the user through.
- Workbench - a workbench specific application.
- Tool - an application within tools area.
Creating New Tools and Widgets Item
- After logging into the Subscribe-HR portal, select the Development TAB.
- Select the Tools and Widgets folder.
- Select the [Add new record] button.
The following table describes all available fields.
|UUID||Unique identifier for the tool or widget.|
|Active||Indicates whether tool is active or not.|
|Name||Tool or widget name.|
|Type||One of the following: Widget, Wizard, Workbench or Tool.|
|Size||Only available if type is Widget. Options are Stat, Half or Full. "Stat" is a small tile at the top of the dashboard. "Half" is a half sized tile. "Full" is a full sized tile.|
|Icon||Font awesome class to use as the tool icon.|
This section allows developers to create RESTful API end points which can then be called from front end to provide data and content. For full documentation please refer to our developer portal.
Defines an initial template that will be shown on first render. For full documentation please refer to our developer portal.
This section contains CSS stylesheet. For full documentation please refer to our developer portal.
Developers can define permissions required by their application in JSON format here. This definition will extend permissions that are available in Group permissions area. For full documentation please refer to our developer portal.