From Subscribe-HR Wiki Help
Cost Centres Defined
When setting up the Cost Centre Settings you are defining the default cost centres for all new Jobs created.
Users still have the ability to override the default cost centres on a job by job basis.
Cost Centres can be linked to areas of the system like Training, Jobs, Recruitment etc. This allows you to manage your costs splits for the two types of Cost Centres. You can also assign default splits to these cost centres so that when they are assigned to Jobs and then the Job to an Employee, the system will auto split the costs into the cost centres. To Enter the Cost Centre Types into the system, you need to go into Code Library, Search for Cost Centre 1 and Cost Centre 2 and update the entries. Then they can be accessed in the drop down fields in this form. You can use one cost centre or two.
Preliminary Setup for Cost Centres
Before setting up your default cost centres, you may want to check the Cost Centre drop down to see if the cost centre you want exists. You will need to add any further cost centres to the Code Library.
- Select Maintenance on the left hand side in the navigation area.
- Select the Code Library Folder from the More tab.
- Search for Cost Centre.
- Select Cost Centre from the search results.
- Select the Codes SubFolder.
- Select the Create New button.
- Enter the Code Name, this is the Cost Centre name (There is no need to fill in the Code field as this is auto-generated)
- Select the Save button.
- For more information on creating a code library please Click Here
- If you are looking to setup 1x cost centre, you should select a cost centre for the Cost Centre 1 drop down and ensure you have 100% in the Cost Centre 1 % Split field. This tells the system that there is no split and that 100% of the cost is associated with the one cost centre.
- If you are looking to setup multiple cost centres, you should select a cost centre for the Cost Centre 1 drop down and Cost Centre 2 drop down and ensure that you have a value in Cost Centre 1 % Split field and Cost Centre 2 % Split field.
The values in Cost Centre 1 % Split field and Cost Centre 2 % Split field must not add up to over 100%
Correct Example: Cost Centre 1 % Split 80% and Cost Centre 2 % Split 20%
Setting up Cost Centres
- Select Maintenance on the left hand side from the navigation area.
- Select the Cost Centre Settings Folder.
- Select a Cost Centre from the drop down for Cost Centre 1 and Optionally for for Cost Centre 2.
- Enter a percentage of cost for Cost Centre 1 % Split and Optionally for for Cost Centre 2 % Split.
- Select the Save button.
Mandatory fields are marked with Red Asterisk, the record will not be saved unless mandatory fields are filled in first.
Cost Centre Fields Explained
|Cost Centre 1||Mandatory Field, Drop down Description of the main Cost Centre|
|Cost Centre 2||Drop down Description of a secondary Cost Centre|
|Cost Centre 1 % Split||This is a Mandatory Field. The percentage you enter here will auto calculate where ever dollars can be reported against Cost Centres Example: Training, Salary|
|Cost Centre 2 % Split||The percentage you enter here will auto calculate where ever dollars can be reported against Cost Centres Example: Training, Salary|
Please also refer to these links for details relating to Cost Centres and their relationships to other parts of the system: