Continuous Professional Development
From Subscribe-HR Wiki Help
When setting up CPD (Continuous Professional Development) you are defining a goal of a Start and End Date with a targeted amount of hours for a particular Job within the company. You can Configure CPD Settings here and then assign them to Jobs. Based on this, when an Employee is linked with a Job, and you enter training records, the system will show you what the annual requirement is from a CPD perspective. It will also track the actual CPD hours that have currently be taken, when you record Training Type as CPD. You can show this information in a Users Dashboard. The CPD Hours Settings allow you to record the requirement for a period and this period will be used for the current required calculations. Example: Taken v Required.
Adding New CPD Settings
- Select Maintenance on the left hand side from the navigation area..
- Select the CPD Settings Folder.
- You will see a list of CPD records, if this if this list is empty then no CPD records have been setup at this point in time.
- Select the [Add new record] button.
- Select from the drop down the Job Name that you are applying the CPD setting too.
- Select the Start date in the CPD Start.
- Select the End date in the CPD End.
- Enter the CPD hour Target.
- Select the [Save] button.
Mandatory fields are marked with Red Asterisk, the record will not be saved unless mandatory fields are filled in first.
CPD Fields Explained
|Job Name||Mandatory Field. Select the Job the CPD Setting applies to|
|CPD Start||Mandatory Field. Select the Date the CPD Setting should start from (Calculations)|
|CPD End||Mandatory Field. Select the date the CPD Settings End|
|CPD hour Target||Mandatory Field. Type in what the annual requirement is for this Job. This will be shown in training records, and can also be shown in a users Dashboard|
Please also refer to these links for details relating to CPD Setting and their relationships to other parts of the system:
- Applicant Skills
- Vacancy Skills
- Searching for Skills
- Employee Skills
- Job Skills
- Employee Training Records